Are you looking to make a positive impact in your community? LSI seeks a Resettlement Caseworker to support the resettlement of refugee populations through our Immigrant and Refugee Community Services in Sioux City.
Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply!
What You'll Do
Caseworkers are responsible for supporting newly arrived refugee clients throughout the resettlement process. In this role you will:
- Assist clients in obtaining necessary services including pre-arrival coordination of housing and other resources, airport arrivals, employment, school enrollment and other services
-Transport and accompany clients to appointments
-Coordinate service activities with volunteers and community resources to ensure all services are provided within required timeframes
-Conduct assessments, establish goals and facilitate self-sufficiency plans through a client-centered, trauma-informed, and strengths-based approach
-Maintain written documentation of services and complete case files
Service activities may occur during normal business hours, after hours, or on weekends depending upon arrival times and client needs. LSI reimburses for mileage.
What You'll Need
Required: Bachelors degree in health and human services + 1 year of full time, related health and human services experience. Will also accept equivalent education and experience, including Associates degree + 3 years OR a high school diploma/GED + 5 years of related experience.
Qualifying experience includes work in human services, family services, mental health services, public health, nursing, community resource navigation, behavioral health services, and work with immigrants and refugees.
How We'll Support You
On top of joining the best team around, you can also receive:
- A competitive salary
- A 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- A flexible work schedule for many positions
- Mileage reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Career-building opportunities
- Special Team LSI perks like gym discounts, pet insurance, and cell phone discounts through Verizon
- As a non-profit employer, many LSI employees also qualify for student loan forgiveness programs.
Who We Are
LSI is an equal opportunity employer. At LSI we respect diverse life experiences, cultures and heritages, and strive to provide that all voices are heard and valued. You can learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion at https://lsiowa.org/who-we-are/
It's their life. It's your career. Apply Here: https://lsiowa.applicantpool.com/jobs/1022176.html
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.