Siouxland Community Health Center
1021 Nebraska Street
Siouxland Community Health Center has a full-time opening for a medical Coder.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review patient medical records to assign codes for diagnoses, treatments, surgical procedures, and nonsurgical procedures for services.
- Maintains a working knowledge of CPT and ICD 10 CM coding principles, governmental regulations, protocols and third-party requirements pertaining to billing and documentation.
- Ensures services documented in patient’s chart are coded with appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes. When services are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner.
- Conducts an audit of records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Assign appropriate evaluation/management levels for professional services.
Qualified candidates will have:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- CCS, CCS-P or CPC certification or equivalent work experience; and ability to become certified within 6 months.
- Minimum of two years of coding experience using CPT with the most recent coding requirements.
Drug screen and background check are required.
SCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Siouxland Community Health Center participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply please visit our website: www.slandchc.com, click on the career tab, search job, and submit application online. Or apply in person.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.